Tourism & Coastal Zone Management
Blumar El Sokhna – Environmental Consultancy, ESIA & Equator Principles, Egypt. 2018
Client: Wadi Degla Developments Company, Arab African International Bank (AAIB)
Project Description: Wadi Degla Developments planned to establish a resort in Ain Al Sokhna. The project’s area is dedicated to tourism development and the establishment of touristic resort. The total area of the project is approximately 1,000,000 m². The proposed project includes residential units, hotel and hotel apartments, swimming pools, a wastewater treatment unit, a desalination unit, a parking area, four buildings allocated to staff accommodation, and services units including 10 washing machines and 4 boilers. EcoConServ was contracted to conduct an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) ensuring compliance with national law, IFC Performance Standards, and EHS Guidelines, as well as conducting an Equator Principles Document.
Seashell North Coast Touristic Village Equator Principles Document, Egypt. 2018
Client: Arab African International Bank (AAIB)
Project Description: Sea Shell Project is a mixed-use residential and commercial project located in the North Coast, km 134 Alexandria-Matrouh Road, extended over a gross land area of approx. 1,000,000 m² with direct access to approx. 1km of beach front. In addition to residential buildings, supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. will be constructed. Moreover, the project will have its own drinking water and electricity generating facilities. As a signatory of the Equator Principles Agreement, AAIB must ensure, that all projects receiving loans, comply with the agreement’s ten principles.
EcoConServ was contracted to prepare a report of the project’s assessment based on these principles, as well as recommendations to ensure future compliance.
EIA for Artificial Lagoon Connected to the Sea in Al Alamein New City, Egypt. 2017
Client: The Associated Consultants
Project Description: EcoConServ has been contracted by the associated consultants to conduct an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study for an artificial lagoon connected to the sea through four points at Al Alamein New City.
As such, EcoConServ assessed and ensured the establishment’s compliance with the applicable environmental law and legislation, and further identified its environmental impacts and proposed mitigation measures. In addition, EcoConServ prepared an Environmental Management & Monitoring Plan.
Further Projects include:
- ESIA for Marina Hotel in Marina Resort at Alamein, Marina Way Lagoon Company, Egypt, 2014
- Preparation of Feasibility Study and Detailed Design for Pollution Reduction Measures on Qalaa Drain and Lake Mariout, Alexandria Coastal Zone Management Project (ACZMP), World Bank, Egypt, 2012
- Assistance with the Procurement of Codes and Standards for Structural and Geotechnical Engineering; Traffic and Transportation Engineering; and Infrastructure Engineering for Ras Trompy Tourism Development Project, Parsons Brinckerhoff World (PB World), Egypt, 2008
- Environmental Profile for the Red Sea coastline area stretching from Ras Ghareb to Hurghada, Petrosafe, Egypt, 2008
- Environmental Impact Assessment for Lake Nasser Wildlife Reserve – Palamar Group, Egyptian Company for Abu Simbel Development (ECAD), 2007
- EIA Study for a Tourism Development Project in Marsa Alam, Concord Company, Egypt, 2007